Skilled Nursing Services
Now that you or your family member has been discharged from the hospital to our center, it is important to explain some of the essential differences between the care received in an acute hospital and a subacute/rehabilitation facility. In an acute hospital, a patient’s acuity (severity of medical problems) is much higher. Therefore, it’s assumed that you were more medically stable upon discharge from the hospital than when you entered it, and your physician felt you were well enough to be discharged to our facility.
Subacute means that you may still have multiple medical problems that can be managed at the level of care we provide while you begin rehabilitation and work toward discharge and functional goals. It is important to recognize that, unlike in an acute hospital, a physician will not be visiting you daily (a visit called “rounds”) as they did while you were more ill in an acute hospital.
The physician assigned to you at Advanced Subacute will see you within 72 hours of admission to complete a history and physical. On average, the doctor may be present in our building 2-3 times per week to admit other residents and tend to certain patients’ needs. With this less frequent physician presence, the nursing staff becomes the primary communication link between you and the physician.
Our subacute and nursing services include:
- Subacute Rehab Up to Seven Days per Week Including Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- High-Tech, Leading-Edge Equipment
- 24/7 Professional Nursing Care
- Re-Hospitalization Prevention Programs
- Post-Surgical Care (Knee & Hip Replacement, etc.)
- Post-Acute Cardiac & Stroke Care
- Congestive Heart Failure Recurrence Prevention Program
- Cardiac Telemetry Monitored Rehabilitation Program
- Respiratory Therapy Programs (COPD, Oxygen & Pulmonary)
- Airways Trach Decannulation Program
- Dietary Programs, Dysphagia Swallowing Therapies (VitalStim)
- Cutting Edge Therapy Equipment
- Wound Care
- IV Hydration, Antibiotic, and TPN
- Social Services and Family Counseling
- Long-Term Care Services
- Pain Management
- Restorative Nursing Care
- Personal Nutritional Services